Volunteering with Henderson County Habitat for Humanity
Henderson County Habitat for Humanity has many volunteer opportunities available.
- Building with our New Construction program, available year round, Monday through Saturday
- Joining our new Home Repair team, which will work 3 days per week, on an as needed basis
- Assisting our ReStore by working as a cashier, helping to stock shelves, assisting customers and many other opportunities
- Joining one of our Committees which includes a Fundraising Committee, Family Selection Committee, Advisory Committee or a Community Outreach Committee
- Helping with Office Support which includes data entry, translation support or social media support
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer:
- Attend one of our upcoming Volunteer Orientations. Orientations are held each month on the Third Thursday at 6:00 pm and the Third Saturday at 10:00 am. Volunteers should call 828-694-0340 or email email@example.com to sign up.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and the Liability Release (see links below for forms)
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer. Youth 16 and younger may participate in some activities but should contact the Henderson County Habitat Office to find out what opportunities are available.
For the construction sites: Youth volunteers, ages 16 or 17, can volunteer on the construction sites. Groups of youth volunteers must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. One chaperone is required for every group of 5 youth volunteers. A site waiver must be signed by a parent or a guardian before arrival on site.
Need more information? Call (828)694-0340 ext. 103, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To become a volunteer, please print the forms below, fill out, and mail or fax them to Habitat for Humanity.