ReStore Volunteer Opportunities
At the ReStore, we are in constant need of new volunteers. It is through the work of our volunteers that we are able to provide funding for Habitat for Humanity homes while diverting waste from landfills.
Volunteers are essential to the operations of the ReStore and ensuring a positive customer experience. Typical volunteer activities include: assist with checkout and register, put out stock, test merchandise, and assist in loading and unloading the ReStore truck.
As a new ReStore volunteer, all that is needed is to come with a smile and a willingness to help. Whether you are a short-term or long-term volunteer, you will become a member of the Habitat for Humanity family, meet new people, share your expertise and skills, learn new things, and receive recognition for your service.
- We have two ReStores: a Home Improvement ReStore and Home Interiors. Each ReStore has two shifts for volunteers:
- 1st shift is 10:00am to 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift is 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- ReStore volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers should wear closed toed shoes.
ReStore Volunteers should view two online courses at www.hfhvolunteerinsurance.com prior to volunteering with Henderson County Habitat for Humanity. Scroll down to “Online Safety Training Courses” and click begin now. Read the entire instructions before clicking on “Take Training Course Now” and enter code W8NAEBTG, click submit, and then select “Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site” and “ReStore Safety & Loss Control.” The course covers everything from safety issues to what to wear. At the end of the presentation, simply exit the program.
Getting started after orientation:
- Volunteers interested in ReStore Opportunities will be contacted by a ReStore Manager.
- After speaking with the ReStore Manager, use VolunteerHub, to sign up for ReStore shifts.
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340 or email our Volunteer Coordinator.