VOLUNTEERS IMPACT EVERY FACET OF OUR ORGANIZATION. WITHOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WE COULD NOT BRING THE DREAM OF A DECENT AFFORDABLE HOME TO A FAMILY IN NEED. HERE ARE OUR TOP VOLUNTEER NEEDS.
New Construction – Dodd Meadows
Dodd Meadows is our latest community development. It is located at the corner of Crest Road and East Blue Ridge Road in East Flat Rock, making it close to schools, churches, shopping and community resources. The community is named in honor of Steve Dodd who served as the affiliate’s president from 2003 through 2008, a period of time that represented tremendous growth for Henderson County Habitat for Humanity.
Dodd Meadows will consist of park areas, a playground, sidewalks, walking trails, ponds and bright cottage architectural homes. In addition, the community will be served by a clubhouse that will be available to both Dodd Meadows residents and organizations from the surrounding community for meetings and group activities. The street names in this development will honor volunteers and contributors to Habitat.
Work Days in Dodd Meadows
- We build Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
As a new ReStore volunteer, all that is needed is to come with a smile and a willingness to help. Whether you are a short-term or long-term volunteer, you will become a member of the Habitat for Humanity family, meet new people, share your expertise and skills, learn new things, and receive recognition for your service.
- We have two ReStores: a Home Improvement ReStore and Home Interiors. Each ReStore has two shifts for volunteers:
- 1st shift is 10:00am to 1:00 pm
- 2nd shift is 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- ReStore volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers should wear closed toed shoes.
Our Home Preservation Program is a repair program for homeowners in Henderson County. Home Preservation Projects will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. Volunteers interested in participating, should contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most home repair projects will need 3-4 volunteers per day.
Information for all Volunteers
- Volunteers should bring lunch, unless otherwise instructed.
- Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to participate on an active build site. Youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. One adult chaperone is needed for every 5 youth. Please contact Henderson County Habitat for Humanity to find out if youth, 14-15 years old, will be permitted on site. Chaperones for an individual need to be 18 years of age or older. Chaperones for groups need to be 21 years of age or older.
- For your safety, please wear thick soled sneakers, hiking boots or construction boots. Long pants are suggested to prevent cuts/scrapes. Shorts should be at least knee length. No Keds, Vans, Toms or opened toed shoes.
- Volunteers need to view this safety course at Online orientation and sign-up prior to volunteering with Henderson County Habitat for Humanity.
- Please fill out the volunteer waiver 2021 Volunteer Waiver
- All Volunteer must have a background check Mind Your Business
- All forms must be filled out and emailed to email@example.com
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340, ext 107, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.