Our home repair program is different from our New Construction program in that we work with existing homeowners in Henderson County to fix or repair their homes. Work is primarily focuses on exterior repairs which includes ramps, porches, decks, siding, landscaping, windows and doors, and other weatherization activities.
- We build 8:30 am to 3:00 pm on an as needed basis.
- Volunteers should bring lunch, unless otherwise instructed.
- Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to be present on an active build site. Individual youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old can volunteer on site. Groups of youth volunteers (3 youth or more) must be accompanied with one adult chaperone is per every 5 youth.
- For your safety, please wear thick soled sneakers, hiking boots or construction boots. Long pants are suggested to prevent cuts/scrapes. Shorts should be at least knee length. No Keds, Vans, Toms or opened-toe shoes.
- Once you have completed the necessary forms on the New Volunteer Page, get ready to volunteer!
What to expect:
- A Site Supervisor is in charge of the work and volunteers each work day.
- All are welcomed-No special skills are needed! All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help.
- We will send you home tired, dirty and happy!
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340, ext 103, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.