Our sites are opened to volunteers Monday-Saturday from 8:30am-3:00pm. All are welcome, no special skills are needed! We also have daily work crews that specialize in different construction activities. Click here to learn more about our specialty work crews.
- We build Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Volunteers should bring lunch, unless otherwise instructed.
- Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to be present on an active build site. Individual youth volunteers ages 16 or 17 years old can volunteer on site. Groups of youth volunteers (3 youth or more) must be accompanied with one adult chaperone is per every 5 youth.
- For your safety, please wear thick soled sneakers, hiking boots or construction boots. Long pants are suggested to prevent cuts/scrapes. Shorts should be at least knee length. No Keds, Vans, Toms or opened toed shoes.
Getting started after orientation:
Once you have completed the necessary forms on the New Volunteer Page, get ready to volunteer!
Interested in helping out? Become a community volunteer. Community volunteers do general construction work – no prior qualifications necessary. Work will include site prep, framing, painting, roofing, landscaping, and site cleanup.
What to expect:
- A Site Supervisor is in charge of the work and volunteers each work day.
- All are welcomed-No special skills are needed.
- All we ask for is a smile and a willingness to help. We will send you home tired, dirty and happy!
Joining a construction crew:
Have more to offer? Become a core volunteer. Core volunteers work at least one shift every week on a specialized crew. This work requires background knowledge in construction and carpentry. (Ages 18+)
Volunteers interested in joining a specific work crew should email the Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the day and the work crew they are interested in to be put on that crew’s mailing list.
- Monday General Construction Crew
- Tuesday Siding Crew
- Tuesday Sprinkler
- Wednesday General Construction Crew
- Thursday HVAC Crew
- Thursday Framing
- Friday General Construction Crew
- Saturday General Construction Crew
Need more information?
Call (828) 694-0340, ext 103, or email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.